Here is our list from earlier in the week… so far, so good! We’re making great progress on the yard and various projects and I’m excited to share them with you all once they’re all finished.
- Buy all of the components for the pizza oven (just in case it doesn’t rain!) <– We’re still in the design phase, but hope to finish the design this weekend and order all of our bricks
Build the pizza oven base and secure the steel sheet
- Repair (re-do) the step under the new stairs in the backyard (concrete blocks and bricks) <– We bought the blocks and will tackle this project today
Put up the bistro lights (!!!) Cut the wine barrels in half(If it works: stain and remove rust and figure out what to plant) <– This worked so well! I’m actually heading down to sand the rough edges and clean up the barrels after I post this! Take a trip to the dump, if there is time
- Paint the new trim in the living room, touch up the wall paint <– It’s pretty rainy right now, so this looks like an afternoon project for today
- Paint the new bathroom baseboards <– Ditto
- Caulk the hallway siding <– Ditto
- Paint the ceiling patch in the hallway <– Ditto
Put the extra hardy board siding on Craigslist/take it to the dump Buy some Copper River salmon and cedar plank it on the grill. (YUM! One of my favorite culinary times of the year!)<– We had my parents over for dinner last night. The salmon did not disappoint!
Since everyone loves photos, check this one out. We had my parents over for dinner last night, to thank them for all of their help with the backyard and ‘rental’ of their SUV yesterday. We cedar-planked a filet of Copper River salmon and grilled some corn on the cob and zucchini. We enjoyed it with a Caesar salad and a bottle of Davenport Cellar‘s 2012 Sauvignon Blanc. Everything was delicious and totally hit the spot.
Many, many more photos of ongoing and finished projects to come! Now tell us, have you had weekend project success? Share in the comments below.